Today mmap mini maps 1.2 was released on the GameMaker Marketplace. It’s a really great asset, which ads a powerful, configurable, easy to use mini map system to your GameMaker: Studio project. I’ve spent dozens, if not over a hundred hours developing this asset to the highest quality, and am selling it for just $4.99.
Experience the Live demo in HTML5.
- Vector arrows: configuration option allows moving blips to have an arrow drawn to the map screen showing the direction and relative speed.
- Edge blips: configuration option allows distant objects that are out of range to be drawn at edge of map screen, showing the direction to the distant object.
- Sound support: configuration option allows for sound effects to be played when a sonar pulse is emitted, or when a radar blip is refreshed.
- Room, View Borders: configuration option draws a border to the map screen, showing the edge of the View or Room boundary.
- Documentation updated: Includes a new section showing example code to make setting up your oMmap easier than ever before.
- I noticed that the functions that I had added to the mmap_mini_map.gmez extension are not working. I’m not sure why they are not working, but I have replaced the .gmez functions with Script resources for now, as these do work. This is a temporary workaround, as the Scripts don’t have autosuggest support to tell you what arguments the script takes. Once I have figured out how to get the functions working again, they’ll be converted back. Additional functions to support the oMmap object will be forthcoming at that time. They were planned for 1.2.0, but were held back due to this issue.