Packt Publishing has announced an upcoming new book, HTML5 Game Development With GameMaker, by Jason Elliott, tentative publication date in late April 2013.
I provided technical review/editing of the book, and so I can say that it should be a good book if you’re looking to get into the newer features of GameMaker Studio. While the book focuses primarily on HTML5, almost all of the book is generally applicable regardless of what platform you wish to target.
- Facebook integration
- Pathfinding and Artificial Intelligence
- State Machine design pattern
- The new Box2D Physics system
- Particle effects for any game
- File I/O and HTML5 local storage.